The South End Community Health Center strives to promote wellness and provide high quality, comprehensive care to all of our patients. Sexual health is an important part of one’s overall well-being. Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) are common in adults of all ages. Because these infections do not always show symptoms, routine testing is recommended for all patients who are sexually active. The Health Center offers a comfortable, confidential environment to discuss your sexual health concerns.
- Testing and treatment for STIs (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis). Schedule an appointment with your primary care or women’s health provider, or visit us during walk-in hours. The walk-in hours for STI testing are:
Mondays: 9:00am – 2:30pm, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Tuesdays: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Wednesdays: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Thursdays: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Fridays: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- STI prevention education, wellness counseling, distribution of male and female condoms
- Vaccines for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and HPV (human papillomavirus). HPV vaccine is covered by most insurance plans for patients under 26 years of age.
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for individuals at risk for HIV infection. This is a one pill, once a day medication that helps to prevent HIV infection when used in combination with safer sex education and barrier protection (condoms). Ask your healthcare provider if PrEP is right for you. Read more about PrEP here.
- Treatment and support for patients living with HIV/AIDS. For more information, see the HIV/AIDS Care Program page.
For more information on STIs and HIV, visit the website for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.